Clark Watkin grew up in Sioux City, Iowa. When he moved to Arizona in 1970,
he brought with him a strong Midwestern ethic, common sense and the willingness
to work hard. He earned his undergraduate and law school degree in seven
straight years at the University of Arizona in Tucson. Clark tried his
first three jury trials while still a law student, working as an intern
with the Pima County Attorney's Office. After graduation in 1977,
he moved to Scottsdale where he worked as a felony prosecutor for the
Maricopa County Attorney's Office. He entered private practice in
1980 and stayed with the same firm for 20 years before opening his own
Clark is the proud father of two wonderful young adults; and in addition
to his various family, volunteer and social activities, he is an avid
mountain and road bicyclists, competitive off-road motorcyclist, snow
skier, fly fisherman, drummer, wood worker, and someone who generally
enjoys a challenging new adventure (preferably a pleasant one).
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Lawyer
- 40 years as a trial attorney (jury trials, bench trials, administrative
- Serious personal injury and wrongful death claims
- Auto, truck, semi, van, SUV, bus and other motor vehicle accident injury
and fatality claims
- Motorcycle and motor scooter accident injury and fatality claims
- Bicycle accident injury and fatality claims
- Boating and personal watercraft accident injury and fatality claims
- Construction accident injury and fatality claims
- Dog and other animal bites, mauling, scarring and attack claims
- Premises liability claims, including swimming pool drowning injuries and
fatalities, dram shop claims, slip and fall, improper security, etc.
- Mediation; arbitration; neutral evaluations
- Keen sense for inherent "value" and likely outcome of claims
- Mastery in resolving disputes in pre-litigation stage
- Reputation as a premier trial attorney
- Skilled in all aspects of civil trial practice
- Intelligent, energized, organized, personable, quick wit and a great sense
of humor. An all-round good guy!
- 2001 - Present: The Watkin Law Office, PC, Scottsdale, AZ. Plaintiffs'
personal injury and wrongful death; commercial litigation. Overall emphasis
on plaintiff's tort claims,
- 1980 - 2000: Warner Angle Hallam Jackson & Formanek (f/k/a Warner Angle
Roper & Hallam), Scottsdale, AZ. Shareholder, Director. Lead trial
attorney in personal injury, commercial tort, contract, corporate, eminent
domain, real estate & construction cases throughout Arizona.
- 1977 - 1980: Maricopa County Attorney's Office, Scottsdale, AZ. Deputy
County Attorney. Multiple felony jury and court trials.
Licenses & Affiliations
Licensed: All Arizona Courts; U.S. District Court; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth
Circuit; United States Supreme Court.
Member: American, Arizona, Maricopa County and Scottsdale Bar Associations; Director,
Scottsdale Bar Association; Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
and Arizona Trial Lawyers Association.
- University of Arizona College of Law. Juris Doctor 1977.
- University of Arizona. B.S., Business Administration 1974.
The Watkin Law Office, PC represents victims of serious and catastrophic
personal injuries and wrongful death. We prosecute claims for victims'
medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, emotional and mental suffering,
and other appropriate monetary damages in the following areas of personal
injury and wrongful death law:
Auto Accidents, injuries and deaths
Wrongful Death claims by surviving family members
Motorcycle Accidents, injuries and deaths
Bicycle Accidents, injuries and deaths
Pedestrian Accidents, injuries and deaths
Truck Accidents, injuries and deaths
Construction Accidents, injuries and deaths
Dog Bites, injuries and deaths
Injuries to and deaths of
Children & Minors
- Carbon Monoxide poisoning, injuries and deaths
Traumatic Brain and
Spinal Cord injuries and deaths
- Drowning and Swimming Pool Accidents, injuries and deaths
Boating Accidents, injuries and deaths
- Other Negligence Cases resulting in serious injuries, broken bones, scarring,
permanent disability and death